For the adventurous. Used primarily as a landing spot before heading into the BWCAW.
- 3 sets of bunk beds
- $60 per night
- Includes blankets, pillows, sheets, and an occasional spider.
- Access to a community kitchen/rec area to fry up the catch of the day or to play some cards.
Our most popular option, these cabins give you a taste of the great outdoors while offering comfort, ample space, and a private dining area.
- Sleeps up to 8
- $150/night or $900/week
- Loft area for sleeping with two queen beds and two sets of bunk beds.
- Fish cleaning services
- 50 inch LED smart TV
- Sleeps 8
- Two master suites, each with king beds and private baths
- 2 Hideaway beds in living room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private kitchen/dining area
- Private Hot tub area
- Fully stocked beverage cooler
In addition to various lodging options, Portage Trail Outfitters offers full service outfitting and guide services for your wilderness trip.
Do you have the majority of your own gear, but forgot something?
No problem, you can rent equipment à la cart.
Save the stress and let us get the gear together for you. Portage Trail Outfitters offers only the most reliable and lightest weight gear. All packages are designed for two paddlers. For a solo trip outfitting prices or a custom quote please contact us.
Portage Trail Outfitters is also proud to offer fully guided trips. Take advantage of our wilderness experience and vast knowledge of the areas scenic beauty and wildlife hotspots.
Interested in outfitting yourself?
Download our suggested packing list for a weeklong stay in the wilderness. Feel free to use the list to help prepare for your trip, or to order any items that you may be missing. Items with an asterisk can be rented individually for ala cart pricing. Please email any needs email@example.com to for a custom quote.
- 2 Lightweight Sleeping bags
- 2-person tent
- 2-person Camp kitchen
- 14 dehydrated meals (two servings each)
- Water filter
- 17’ Kevlar canoe for lightweight portaging
- 3 paddles
- 2 life vests
- 2 Duluth Packs
The Minimalist Package- $100/nightNothing fancy here, just the basics to get you and your partner through the week:
- 7 days of fresh coffee
- 2 lightweight camp pillows
- 1 Windproof butane lighter
- 2 self-inflating mattress pads
- 2 ultra light fishing rods
- A variety of lead (and pollution) free fishing tackle
The Leave No Trace Package - $150/nightItems in the Minimalist Package plus:
- 1 satellite phone for emergencies
- 1 first aid kit
- 2 emergency survival kits
- 2 mosquito head nets
- 2 lightweight rain suits
- 1 2-in-1 hatchet/saw combo
- 1 biodegradable toiletries kit (toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, sunscreen, bug spray)
- 2 8-oz steaks for your first night
- 6 farm-fresh eggs for your first morning
- 1 bear proof food container